Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Sysco Houston
Zip Code: 77038
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Responsible for the development and maintenance of a profitable Inbound Logistics Program through the analysis and oversight of inbound freight, submission of supplier conversions, following purchasing pattern guidelines, reducing cost, improving load fill and increasing Logistics Earned Income (LEI). Responsible for the evaluation, coordination, and expediting of inbound shipments into Sysco facilities. Accountable for local activities for logistics shipments into assigned facilities. Must be able to evaluate and optimize freight financials, identify executable solutions, and deliver results through implementation. Drive value and service balance in support of OPCO and customer needs.
- Coordination of inbound shipments to support the product flow of goods into the facility with highest levels of service at the lowest sustainable cost. Activities include but not limited to vendor freight maintenance, address issues on the following reports: no freight on PO, missing minimums, and PO differential, OS&D issues, and Order Group review for load fill and cost improvements.
- Weekly development and analysis of reports and performance indicators supporting cost, profitability, and carrier service. Activities include backhaul shipment maintenance, working LEI accrual, WIP, and detention reports, identifying supplier conversions, log carrier/facility issues, research unvouchered PO list, and participation in meetings providing local insight and feedback on issues and concerns.
- Monthly management of action items to improve cost, profitability, and carrier service. Activities include but not limited to resolving unvouchered POs and variance of reported LEI vs. BPC LEI.
- Support the creation, delivery, and deployment of inbound logistics solutions to be executed for assigned facilities.
- Undergraduate degree in supply chain or related field preferred
- 3+ years in a logistics, operations, or procurement based role
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Significant working knowledge of transportation and key performance indicators
- Ability to interpret data from various reports, identify trends, opportunities for improvement and work cross functionally with others to implement.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Employment Type: Full Time