Arconic Inc. has many exciting opportunities in various disciplines and at various locations within the U.S. This position is based within Global Rolled Products (GRP), which is a dynamic global organization that offers the widest variety of aluminum plate and sheet in the world. GRP is made up of Arconic's rolling operations around the world with manufacturing and commercial sites in North America, South America, Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Asia, and Russia. As suppliers to the aerospace, automotive, commercial transportation, building and construction, industrial, and packaging and consumer goods markets, our high-quality materials are the foundation for many products that touch everyday life.
This position will be responsible for coordinating shipping, receiving and delivery of selected coils for Alcoa San Antonio Works. This includes set up of parts, supplies, raw materials for the process/production, operating supplies and vendor managed inventory systems. Serving as purchasing expediter, carrying out all metal units (prime) and alloying materials purchases, receive supplies and services into the system as invoices are received and assisting in any required administrative tasks as required by the plant.Major Activities:
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Prepares for financial ASAT audits and working with the auditors during the audits.
- Oracle on-site contact and coordinator to set up and train personnel in using the Oracle system on the purchasing
- Assists and supporting the plant's housekeeping and TPM activities.
- Leads coil unwind, pack/ship team, coordinating trucking for on time delivery
- Oracle System
- MicroSoft Office Tools
- Storeroom, Procurement, and Inventory policies and procedures
- Metal inventory tracking and ordering
- Coil requirements for pack/ship
#LI-AB1 Basic Qualifications
•Associates degree from an accredited institution.
•Minimum of 2 year experience in procurement, supply chain or transportation
•Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of Hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Engineering, Logistics or Supply Chain Management from an accredited institution
- Experience in a logistics, supply chain, procurement in a large manufacturing environment
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office programs Excel, Word & Outlook.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with very strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work in a team environment, yet self-starting and results-oriented.
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn/adapt.
- Experience with electronic procurement and/or purchase order systems.
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.