The Logistics Supervisor is responsible for leading a team ofnon-exempt employees in CVS Health’s state of the art distributionfacility. This includes planning, organizing, directing, controlling, andsupervising the daily activities of an assigned shift and functional areato achieve performance goals and metrics within the distribution center.Additionally the Logistics Supervisor will be responsible for order selection,replenishment, loading, and shipping of store orders. The LogisticsSupervisor is also responsible for maintaining a high level ofproductivity and quality.
This position will be working on the second shift.
Primary Responsibilities of the Logistics Supervisor:
- Hiring, onboarding, training, scheduling, and assigning work to new hires
- Ensuring employees have the necessary equipment, materials, anddocuments to ensure successful completion of tasks
- Monitoring and adjusting resources to achieve the daily productionand delivery goals
- Balancing workloads by taking readings throughout the day to achieve theappropriate level of volume by the projected time of completion
- Monitoring the work performance of each employee to ensure that qualityand quantity expectations are met or exceeded
- Conducting staff meetings and verifying that daily worksheets are completedaccurately and submitted on a timely basis
- Providing ongoing training and retraining of employees to ensure that theyare prepared to meet or exceed the productivity standards for theirfunction
- Utilizing a variety or reports, summaries, and procedures to projectworkload and resolve problems that arise during the workday
- Communicate effectivelyacross all levels
- Analyzing informationeffectively to make sound business decisions
- Build high performance teamswhile engaging and inspiring colleagues 492449
A little about us: