The Logistics Supervisor is responsible for leading a team of non-exempt employees in CVS Health’s distribution facility. This includes planning, organizing, directing, controlling, and supervising the daily activities of an assigned shift and functional area to achieve performance goals and metrics within the distribution center. Additionally it will include order selection, replenishment, loading, and shipping of store orders. The Logistics Supervisor is also responsible for maintaining a high level of productivity and quality.
This position will be on 2nd shift in our Somerset, PA distribution center.
Primary Responsibilities of the Logistics Supervisor:
- Hiring, onboarding, training, scheduling, and assigning work to new hires
- Ensuring employees have the necessary equipment, materials, and documents to ensure successful completion of tasks
- Monitoring and adjusting resources to achieve the daily production and delivery goals
- Balancing workloads by taking readings throughout the day to achieve the appropriate level of volume by the projected time of completion
- Monitoring the work performance of each employee to ensure that quality and quantity expectations are met or exceeded
- Conducting staff meetings and verifying that daily worksheets are completed accurately and submitted on a timely basis
- Providing ongoing training and retraining of employees to ensure that they are prepared to meet or exceed the productivity standards for their function
- Utilizing a variety or reports, summaries, and procedures to project workload and resolve problems that arise during the workday
- Communicate effectively across all levels
- Analyzing information effectively to make sound business decisions
- Build high performance teams while engaging and inspiring colleagues
A little about us: