Position Summary:The Logistics Supervisor is responsible for leading a team of non-exempt employees in CVS Health’s distribution facility. This includes planning, organizing, directing, controlling, and supervising the daily activities of an assigned shift and functional area to achieve performance goals and metrics within the distribution center. Additionally it will include order selection, replenishment, loading, and shipping of store orders. The Logistics Supervisor is also responsible for maintaining a high level of productivity and quality.
This position will be on 2nd shift in our Somerset, PA distribution center.
Primary Responsibilities of the Logistics Supervisor:
- Hiring, onboarding, training, scheduling, and assigning work to new hires
- Ensuring employees have the necessary equipment, materials, and documents to ensure successful completion of tasks
- Monitoring and adjusting resources to achieve the daily production and delivery goals
- Balancing workloads by taking readings throughout the day to achieve the appropriate level of volume by the projected time of completion
- Monitoring the work performance of each employee to ensure that quality and quantity expectations are met or exceeded
- Conducting staff meetings and verifying that daily worksheets are completed accurately and submitted on a timely basis
- Providing ongoing training and retraining of employees to ensure that they are prepared to meet or exceed the productivity standards for their function
- Utilizing a variety or reports, summaries, and procedures to project workload and resolve problems that arise during the workday
- Communicate effectively across all levels
- Analyzing information effectively to make sound business decisions
- Build high performance teams while engaging and inspiring colleagues Required Qualifications:
- Knowledge of MS Office.
- Knowledge of WMS. Preferred Qualifications:
- Familiarity with labor management standards
- Continuous improvement /Six Sigma knowledge
- Previous experience in a distribution Center Education:
Verifiable High School diploma or GED is required.Business Overview:
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking AA EEO CVS Health
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/