Coordinates distribution activities between the dayshift Logistics Operations Teams and Customer Care and Night Operations team to ensure all cost and service expectations are met. Daily, front-line supervision of all assigned staff, including but not limited to, coaching, training and motivation for top performance levels. Assures conformance to established standard operating procedures and achievement of metrics.
(Monday through Friday 1800-0300)
Coordinate activities of the Night Operations/Logistics Team to meet customer’s distribution needs, ensuring on time delivery, quality service and cost control.
- Provide guidance to staff utilizing procedures and resources
- Adhere to and enforce all established RRD policies and procedures
- Monitor workflow and process striving for continuous improvement
- Monitor and address both positive and negative performance providing training needs when appropriate
- Generate and monitor reports as required
- Maintain and monitor staff schedules; i.e. request for time off
- Monitor operations email groups, ensuring all request are answered in a timely manner
- Providing guidance in order to maintain lowest possible cost of transportation while maintaining highest level of service.
- Provide team with productivity reports, gathering feedback and ensuring team is improving
- Maintain/monitor exception reports utilized by night staff
- Ensure inclusive environment where all team members are respected
- Work with day shift leaders toward problem resolution
- Quarterly dayshift rotation to ensure continued training and education on business needs/upcoming changes
- Monthly team meeting (will be scheduled at a time that will bridge both day and night hours)
A little about us:
Join a company changing the fast-moving world of communications, where people like, link, pin, post and share. At RR Donnelley, we do it all.