Gathers, enters, manages, and analyzes information to support Logistics operations. Interacts with customers, suppliers, management, with Logistics team members, and with other departments and plants. Completes tasks and responsibilities as assigned by department management.
Work assignments are typically both a mix of routine and non-routine work that often requires deviation from accepted practice and procedures to complete given wide variety of circumstances encountered in the job. Work is reviewed primarily for end results and is performed under general guidelines or procedures which include administrative directives in the form of rules, policies, and established precedents pertinent to the assignment. Ability to establish own priorities.
- Creates and maintains all accessorial entries in our transportation system
- Creates all accessorial orders in our order management system
- Sends and receives documentation for sign off to internal/external customers prior to accessorials being billed
- Analyzes carrier cost against the carrier contract in order to ensure cost is aligned with the expectation
- Prepares and generates reports as assigned
- Analyzes relevant information to make recommendations to internal customers and manufacturing that will assist in reducing cost
- Communicates in timely, professional, and un-ambiguous fashion with appropriate parties on topics relevant to assignments
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
A little about us:
Join a company changing the fast-moving world of communications, where people like, link, pin, post and share. At RR Donnelley, we do it all.