Day-to-day management of Core and Specialty Merchandising Department’s loss mitigation efforts. Manage projects focusing on merchandise protection and profit protection through process improvement, current means as well as through new innovative devices, fixtures, equipment or other strategies that support the Loss Prevention needs of the stores/field and the Merchant team. Integrate into current large scale AP Merchandising projects as a contributing member of the team approach to cross functional / multi-department loss reduction.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Develop and implement changes that improve overall store shrink and profit processes that are likely to add value to the stores bottom line.
- Manage/drive core store operations projects focusing on systems integration or process improvements
- Manage day to day processes related to their areas of responsibility.
- Create and maintain project work plans
- Manage issues and roadblocks that arise related to their area of responsibility.
- Proactively respond to unanticipated store needs arising out of a variety of inputs
- Manage action steps necessary for successful execution of both strategic projects/initiatives and process improvement
- Prepare and deliver high-level insights and recommendations based on multiple analyses of industry/ business, competitive landscape, consumer data for their areas of expertise.
- Hire, train and develop multiple Business analysts
- Provide guidance and training specific to area of expertise
- Assist in collaborating findings from data and making verbal/written recommendations
- Demonstrate proficiency/understanding of specific processes
- Maintain knowledge base regarding specific operations and processes within store operations
- Responsible for appropriate selection, terminations, performance appraisal and professional development of support team.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
- Direct and indirect reports typically include 2-5 Business Analysts.
- Typically requires frequent persuasion or influencing of others. Usually assigns and reviews work of others.
- Typically procedures for analyzing situations and making conclusions are very diverse.
- Typically considers among many different options or procedures when solving problems.
- Typically, once given general assignments, determines priorities and defines what should be done and how to do it.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Under constant pressure to continuously meet tight deadlines, demanding quotas and/or must regularly deal with difficult situations.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be eighteen years of age or older
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
- Builds Great Relationships
- Experience with research, selection and procurement of innovative devices or equipment
- Complex Data Analysis
- Project Management
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 5 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Business, functional and/or store knowledge for their area of responsibility
- Strategic thinking skills
- Quantitative skills
A little about us:
We recognize that military members are adept, motivated and hardworking. That’s why we made a commitment in 2012 to hire 55,000 veterans in 5 years!