Overview Low voltage construction opportunity for Technicians, Wiremen/Installers and experienced Installers for multi-family housing & construction projects
If you have any construction experience, we welcome your application.
3 WEEKS PAID ON-THE-JOB TRAINING
BENEFITS, VACATION AND 401K OFFERED Job Description Responsibilities will include the wiring and installation of the following system types:
▪ Fire Alarm ▪ CCTV ▪ Security ▪ Access Control ▪ Telephone/Data ▪ Low Voltage Systems ▪ Applicants must be able to perform the following tasks:
- Follow shop drawings for routes and locations of cable and equipment;
- Adhere to approved low voltage cabling installation practices;
- Use basic hand tools;
- Install wire in wood and metal framing;
- Have knowledge of cat5, cat6, coax terminations including 66/110 blocks, patch panels, etc.;
- Manage time and materials with the ability to follow a schedule;
- Follow instructions for tracking work, keeping his/her timesheet accurate and abide by safety regulations;
- Represent good work ethic and maintain a good attitude;
- Have excellent team building skills;
- Install and run various wire, terminate cable ends and install devices in new construction buildings
Drug test required for employment.
Pay is based on experience. Permanent positions available. Willing to train motivated people.
Join a company that knows the value of the team. Join our team and find out why we are different.
Please submit your resume for review. Physical/Mental Requirements and Working Environment:
- While most installations are in buildings partially or fully enclosed to protect from sun, wind and rain, they are often installed before air conditioning, heat, or permanent light fixtures. Other projects will require work to be performed outside in varying weather conditions. Some work is in completed structures currently in use.
• Backbone voice and data cables are routed between the entrance facility (where communications signals enter a building) to equipment rooms and telephone rooms. Voice and data horizontal cables are routed between telephone rooms or equipment rooms and individual workstations throughout the building. Equipment rooms often contain energized equipment such as hubs, file servers, electrical panels or telephone switches.
• In some cases these devices are configured and connected to equipment that currently serves the building and must not be interrupted. Any questions regarding how a system goes together or works must be immediately brought to the attention of the foreman.
• The Wireman/Installer installs CCTV, Telephone, Data, Access, Security, Fire Alarm or other low voltage equipment Additionally, they install punch down blocks and cross connects in telephone rooms when required. These may be wall mounted or rack mounted, and must be grouped and identified according to specific installation standards. Whether the work is new construction or in existing office or manufacturing spaces, the craftsmen takes pride in the work he/she has performed. All testing required to insure the installation was properly completed must be done to avoid return repair or quality control visits.
Allied Universal, a leading facility services company and the largest security force in North America with over 150,000 employees, provides unparalleled security services and solutions. With headquarters in Santa Ana, Calif., and Conshohocken, Pa., Allied Universal combines people and technology to deliver evolving, tailored solutions that allow our clients to focus on their core business. An unrelenting focus on clients' success creates partnerships rooted in quality and value, and is supported by experience gained from being in business for over 50 years. Through our people and leading services, systems and solutions...Allied Universal is there for you.
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans.
Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Requisition ID