The Latent Property Damage Group (LPD) is a highly specialized home office claim team responsible for the disposition of the Company's construction defect liability and environmental claims. Claims in LPD are often associated with more complex coverage issues, potentially involve multiple years of insurance coverage, commonly involve litigation, require a certain expertise to manage and can involve higher exposures. The LPD construction defect manager will be responsible for the oversight of claims personnel handling construction defect claims. RESPONSIBILITIES
The manager oversees a team of approximately five people handling construction defect claims. The manager will be responsible for performance reviews; ensuring the implementation of appropriate file specific disposition strategies, quality claim handling and outcomes, the coaching, training and development of their staff. Additionally the candidate will partner with the Property and Casualty Coverage Unit (Law Department), operations department, reinsurance department, underwriting partners, agents, brokers, in-house and outside counsel, experts, outside contractors along with your peers and management.
The Manager should demonstrate strong leadership qualities, functional and technical knowledge of complex construction defect liability claims. They will also implement disposition strategies and consistently strive for settlement results in a timely manner. Other requisite skills include:
Qualifications: WHAT ELSE CAN YOU TELL ME?
- Ability to manage the review of multiple general liability policies and coverage parts and approve coverage letters
- Identify key objectives and put measurements around them
- Ability to value account exposures
- Ability to make coverage and liability assessments/recommendations which impact results
- Work effectively with team, insured's, defense counsel, experts, agents and brokers in the management of accounts
- Excellent organizational skills, including planning, organizing, prioritizing, multiple tasking
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
The role will reside on the Hartford, CT office but we will consider a remote manager for the proper candidate. Relocation assistance is not provided for this role. Occasional travel is required.
- Bachelor's degree required; Advanced degree a plus
- Prior management experience a plus
- Five years general liability claim experience with a property/casualty claim organization handling or managing construction defect liability claims
- Superior customer service skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking ability
- Negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Experience with complex liability claims involving risk transfer
- Displays leadership qualities
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression