College Park Family Care is a Christ-centered medical practice, and every aspect of our practice is rooted in providing compassionate care to our patients and each other. Our goal is to provide compassionate, comprehensive care for every member of the family. We have more than 90 providers, including specialists who can meet all health care needs - from obstetrics and orthopedic surgeons to dermatologists and dietitians. At College Park Family Care, you can count on exceptional care from experienced, board-certified providers.
The HCA Physician Services Group (PSG) is the physician solution for the Hospital Corporation of America. PSG makes it easier for physicians to practice medicine by reducing the burdens of managing an independent practice and infusing the best clinical and operational standards in every office. With 13,000 employees that work in more than 790 practices across 21 states, PSG is leading the way by delivering high quality, cost effective health care in communities across the country.
The role of the Licensed Practical Nurse includes assisting physicians in performing nurse procedures for the comfort and well-being of patients. Interview patients and take medical history, give injections, complete lab and x-ray requests, keep charts current, and screen calls within physician guidelines. Administer prescribed medications and simple treatments as directed by physician or mid-level practitioner.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
• Greeting patients and preparing them for examination or procedure. Recording health history of patient and noting abnormal conditions for physician. Instructing patients on collection of any necessary samples and tests. Obtaining vital signs and escorting patients to rooms.
• Assisting with the preparation of supplies and equipment and aiding the physician or mid-level practitioner during treatment, examination, and testing of patients.
• Giving injections, administering prescribed medications as directed by physician and in accordance with nursing standards. Observing, recording, and reporting patient's condition and reaction to drugs and treatments to physicians.
• Ensuring that patient chart entries are made accurately and in a timely matter and forwarding charts as appropriate. Maintaining patient files, records, and other information.
• Assisting with scheduling of tests and treatments. Arranging referrals to a specialist and obtaining pre-authorizations when directed to by the provider.
• Collecting, documenting, and delivering lab specimens and obtaining lab test results and other reports.
• Notifying patients of test results and follow-up appointments.
• Instructing patient and family regarding medications and treatment and discharge instructions.
• Assisting the provider with physical exams and in preparing for physicals.
• Contacting pharmacy to order prescriptions and notifying patients.
• Keeping an accurate and up to date inventory of medications and monitoring controlled substances.
• Controlling inventory and monitoring the use of supplies.
• Maintaining up to date stock and monitoring and maintaining medical equipment.
• Responding to and screening telephone calls for referral to nurse or physician. Triaging patients to ensure productive departmental flow.
• A degree from an accredited school of practical nursing is required.
• Minimum of two years' experience in a hospital or clinic setting is preferred.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom