- Provide timely and accurate communication, information gathering, and rendering decisions on Long-term Disability (LTD) claims according to provisions of LTD certificates.
- Communicate with a variety of constituents (claimants, doctors, nurses, employers, and attorneys) to gather information relevant to rendering decisions based on the provisions of the policy.
- Claim Specialist Trainees will be routinely evaluated for increases in their authority levels as they become more experienced in their decision making and demonstrate consistency in meeting metrics.
- Learn to use appropriate systems, tools and resources to research and document claims.
- Learn to develop an action plan and identify the Likely Claim Progression including identifying the return to work potential.
- Complete regular updates on financial offsets such as SSDI.
- Utilize CMG which provides an overview of high level topics, factors to consider in the administration of claims, and examples of claim situations.
- Work is performed under direct supervision by peer coaches and Unit Leaders.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Demonstrated critical thinking in activities requiring analysis, investigation, and/or planning.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong Letter writing/Microsoft Word
- 1-3years medical experience
- 2-4 years Insurance background
- High School Diploma/ GED
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred and 2-4 years’ customer service experience
Global Technology & Operations
Number of Openings
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.