At MetLife, we seek to make a meaningful impact in the lives of our customers and our communities. This role provides exemplary customer service by processing group disability claims in a timely and accurate manner.
A candidate has been identified for this role. Job Location
United States : Tampa : Florida Alternate Job Location
Not applicable Job Description
Supervisory Responsibilities Required Qualifications
- Provide timely and accurate communication, information gathering, and rendering decisions on Long-term Disability (LTD) claims according to provisions of LTD certificates.
- Communicate with a variety of constituents (claimants, doctors, nurses, employers, and attorneys) to gather information relevant to rendering decisions based on the provisions of the policy.
- Claim Specialist Trainees will be routinely evaluated for increases in their authority levels as they become more experienced in their decision making and demonstrate consistency in meeting metrics.
- Learn to use appropriate systems, tools and resources to research and document claims.
- Learn to develop an action plan and identify the Likely Claim Progression including identifying the return to work potential.
- Complete regular updates on financial offsets such as SSDI.
- Perform other duties as required.
- 2+ years of relevant business experience
- Demonstrated critical thinking in activities requiring analysis, investigation, and/or planning.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 4+ years of insurance industry experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrate strong, innovative critical thinking skills.
- Ability to identify, research, and resolve complex accounting/system issues.
- Solid business knowledge of STD/LTD/Group Life Disability products, in addition to Workers' Compensation, State laws, ERISA and Tax laws, ADA, FMLA, Rehabilitation, Social Security, Special Investigation processes.
High School Diploma Travel
Not applicable Business Category
Global Technology & Operations : Global Operations Number of Openings
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Note to Mobile Users: If viewing on a mobile device and would like to apply, please email the job to yourself and complete the application from a desktop/laptop.Note to Desktop/Laptop Users: For immediate consideration, click Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.