Job Location: Aurora, IL
In this role you will partner with Unit Leaders to meet individual, team and office goals for quality, timeliness, customer service and staff development by providing technical assistance and coaching to disability claims professionals.
- Provides coaching, mentoring, and direction to associates.
- Identifies issues and works with associates to increase individual and organizational capabilities.
- Works in tandem with Unit Leader to resolve all claimant escalations.
- Performs EA and Claim reviews on decisional and financial elements as needed.
- Provides real-time coaching to ensure associates are making the right decision in a timely manner supported by proper documentation and with effective communication.
- Identifies performance issues and/or trends and provides Unit Leader with feedback on individual’s progress, performance and opportunities.
- Responsible for inventory control and/or load balancing. Assists Unit Leader with control reports. Acts as team and office resource for claim related and technical issues.
- Resource for implementation of new accounts from a technical and process perspective, as needed.
- Partners with Learning & Development and Documentation team on work instruction and office training as deemed appropriate.
- Embraces and promotes change initiatives within team and office-wide.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or required
- High school diploma
- 5+ years Disability claims and/or clinical experience.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively, both written and verbal
- Excellent analytical, decision making and problem solving skills
- Highly self-motivated
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree
Group Operations – LTD
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 73541
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.