Join the 5G mobile revolution at Intel as part of the Next Generation and Standards (NGS) group in iCDG. We are looking for LTE protocol stack SW engineers to join 5G mobile wireless technology development at Intel. Responsibilities include designing, coding, debugging advanced Protocol Stack SW of leading edge wireless prototypes for 5G wireless modems. Work with standards technology development and system engineering to translate 5G communication designs and algorithms into functional pre-standards (3GPP), pre-product (LTE-A, 5G) prototype designs using state of the art platforms. Implement advanced MAC & protocol stack layers (L2, L3 and above) in the baseband modem designs.
The job involves :
- Working in embedded SW development environments with RTOS's like Linux/VxWorks/ThreadX running on high performance IA processors.
- Applying advanced problem solving skills to complex modem subsystems involving MAC, upper layers and MAC-PHY interface layers.
- Assess risks and identify issues and solutions to timely and efficiently achieve program goals and project objectives.
- Drive resolution of technical issues with cross-functional teams. Escalate issues in an appropriate and timely manner.
-Ability to work in a structured, solution oriented and open minded working environment.
-Strong business verbal and written communication skills, good understanding of software development methodologies with at least:
- Strong ability to work with ambiguity, flexible in approach, creative in problem solving.
- Proven ability to work across organizational, functional and cultural boundaries.
- Risk taking to explore new possibilities for improvement and innovation.
Bachelors or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related discipline, with work experience in wireless communications and embedded software engineering.
Candidate should have 5 years of experience with the following:
- Wireless Protocol Stack development
- Solid and proven software development skills and coding practices in embedded C/C
- Experience with Multithreaded - Multicore programming
- Experience with defining Software flows and timings
- Good debugging skills
- Experience with software development and configuration management tools (i.e. GIT)
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge of L2, L3 protocol stack layers in 3GPP LTE covering LTE PS flows, features and procedures
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.