GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Perform layout, set-up and welding on a variety of aircraft engine component parts and assemblies.
Perform layout, set-up and welding on a variety of aircraft engine component parts and assemblies. Able to work from planning or verbal instructions, prints or sketches. Fabricate, repair or rework using all required welding which may include manual arc processes (GTAW, TIG) semi-automated weld processes (GTAW, LW, EBW,), Using file, bench grinders, hand grinders, etc., to perform welding preparation, defect removal and manual dimensional restoration. Achieve certification on required processes. Work to required levels of quality and efficiency. Perform related duties as required.
• High School Diploma/GED
• 1 year of welding experience in a manufacturing environment
• Demonstrated ability to work from prints, sketches, planning or verbal instructions, and weld a variety of parts and assemblies
• Ability to fabricate, repair or re-work using processes listed above; use argon chambers and gas back-ups
• Must be able to pass initial welding skills demonstration
• Distance Vision 20/30 (US) using corrected or uncorrected vision in either eye
• Near Vision corrected or uncorrected in either eye, shall be the ability to read Jaeger No. 2 type at 16 inches (40.64 cm)
• Ability to lift, move and manipulate fixtures and component hardware up to 25 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodations
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
• Previous welding and fabrication experience on aerospace hardware
• Previous held weld certification(s) in: corrosive resistant and heat resistant ferrous alloys, nickel base alloys, cobalt-base alloys, aluminum alloys, and titanium alloys
• Ability to learn and operate material handling and lifting devices
Locations: United States; Massachusetts; Lynn
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.