Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Mac Support Engineer will be part of a high-performing global team responsible for managing Mac engineering, application services, deployment services, core application management for the global client computing environment. The role requires leveraging tools and processes to provide high quality, reliable, and cost effective Mac management services to global Merck employees. Qualifications:
- 3 years experience managing Mac computers using Jamf Pro (Casper), or a similar management system, or Certified Casper Technician (CCT) certification, or Certified JSS Administrator (CJA) certification
- Excellent technical knowledge and low level experience with macOS, the Mac computing environment, and related Apple products
- Very good technical knowledge of Jamf Pro (Casper), AppleScript, shell scripting, VNC and other related Mac management tools
- Working technical knowledge of Swift or Objective-C for Mac programming is a benefit
- Real world project management or project coordination experience is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively across all levels of an organization
- Ability to present technical ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Exceptional customer service orientation with dedication to constant improvement
- Fluency In English Reading/Writing/ Speaking
- Basic understanding of the tenets of computer management (Software Distribution, Active Directory, Casper, MobileIron, etc.)
- An understanding of current enterprise IT trends such as consumerization, ramifications of cloud computing, and remote team management
- Good working knowledge of ITIL framework
- Working knowledge and understanding of Remedy, or another request system, for Change, Incident Management (support and fix issues) and Knowledge Management
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement