Cummins is a team of dependable, innovative thinkers, who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community and environment. Our employees develop their careers through the challenges only a diverse, global innovator can promise. This is a collaborative culture where thinking beyond your desk is more than part of the job. It is the job.
This is what we call Working Right.
Our Corporate Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Columbus, IN for a Machine Data Analyst. Cummins USA is where you can work on industry leading projects.
Thinking Beyond your desk includes:
• Applies highly specialized knowledge of statistical tools and warranty databases to analyze existing component or system reliability, report the reliability per the customer's reporting requirements, and provide interpretation of the results.
• Applies highly specialized knowledge across various areas and products to provide reliability comparisons and assessments across the Cummins product range and identify and report adverse or favorable trends in current product reliability.
• Applies highly specialized knowledge of statistical and life data analysis techniques to statistically quantify the reliability impact of design change. Develops related tools and methods in order to quantify and improve product reliability.
• Works with current product problem solving teams as well as finance and marketing functions.
• Leads large or multiple engineering projects.
• Performs as the local technical expert for one or more engineering specialties.
• Solves complex problems impacting multiple projects.
• Communicates with and influences key external stakeholders and business leaders.
• Drives and manages system level requirements for projects or programs.
• Makes critical project or product related decisions.
• Collaborates with industry peers within their discipline.
• Advances the state of the practice for the technical discipline.
• Sets strategic direction for a program or technical discipline.
• Advises and transfers knowledge of engineering discipline; coaches and mentors less experienced engineers.
• Advises leaders regarding the identification and resolution of complex problems.
Skills & Experience Required:
• Substantial relevant work experience required, including leadership of small projects or portions of large projects.
• Use advanced mathematics, machine learning, and data science skills to build predictive analytics models that leverage machine data into valuable insights for the end user.
• Possess demonstrable high level of proficiency programming in Python, R, SPPS Modeler, and Spark.
• Be the bridge between the machine data domain owner and the processes that support the customer and focus on using analytics to solve customer problems in customer terms.
• Proactively engage across functions, and across BUs, to understand customer requirements (or problems) and propose clear and reasonable "Y statement" deliverables.
• Lead small projects, or portions of big projects, to deliver the "Y" output.
• Be accountable for the delivery of the "Y" output.
• Provide analytics technical direction and input to x-functional projects.
• Work with the businesses to understand business needs for analytics
• Communication is critical: often, open, and honest.
• Strong internal and external customer interaction skills.
Required Education, Licenses or Certifications:
Applicants with PhD in statics or mathematics and computer programming skills are preferred
Compensation and Benefits:
Base salary commensurate with experience and bonus. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify:
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity and start your career at Cummins today.
Not ready to apply, but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins .
A little about us:
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.