Location: Stratford, Connecticut
Posted: December 01, 2016
Reference ID: 580990624
Adecco is looking to hire a Machine Mechanic for a local client. Summary: Perform a wide range of operations associated with the maintenance, repair, set-up, and adjustments of all types of special purpose department machines and equipment in strip preparation and grinding.
Comply with predictive maintenance methods supporting machine reliability goals.
• Diagnose machine or equipment trouble and determine type and extent of repairs necessary.
• Tear down units, repair or replace worn, broken or defective parts, reassemble, set-up and debug all equipment. Make necessary adjustments to insure proper operation and quality production.
• Use special height gages, dial indicators and checking devices to ensure accurate heights and run out on parts to very close tolerances.
• Demonstrate a thorough working, set-up and operating knowledge of machines. Remove, replace, align, and adjust all mechanical parts and units. Work on new or altered machines or equipment and make necessary corrections or alterations to ready same for production.
• Perf01m trial operation on machines and be capable of operating any machine in the department as directed for production needs with the comparable skills of departments needs
• Follow an established predictive maintenance schedule.
• Detect and report unusual conditions to proper supervision and maintain work areas in a clean and orderly condition.
• May require work with Central Tool Room and engineering support groups.
• Be able to move (push, pull, or otherwise manipulate) materials up to 90lbs. with assistance, 35lbs. independently, reaching and stepping up onto a platfo1m and working in an oily environment.
• Simultaneously run multiple machines during breaks.
• Be able to perform routine equipment Preventive Maintenance (PM) work per established intervals.