Adecco is assisting a client in Sherman in their search for a 3rd shift Machine Operator. This a long-term opportunity that will give you valuable experience to enhance your career. If you meet the qualifications listed below and would like to find out more about the position, please Apply Now!
Position Summary: Primary responsibilities include operating production equipment specifically brake press operations for fabrication of products.
1. Set up, understand and proficiently operate all Press controls.
2. Troubleshoot various and appropriate machine problems.
3. ID and tag shop orders with product. Retrieve/enter data into system.
4. Ensure quality and proper documentation on all parts.
5. Maintain components and supplies as required to operate efficiently.
6. Brake components based on print specifications.
7. Perform 5S & Continuous Improvement activities.
8. Other duties as assigned.
1. High school diploma, GED or equivalent.
2. Working knowledge of press operations and of progressive die functions.
3. Ability to read, interpret and operate from prints and shop drawings.
4. Ability to ID different gauges and types of raw materials.
5. Able to read tape measures, scales, calipers, etc.
6. Able to work and produce effectively with minimal supervision.
7. Ability to communicate well with all levels of the organization.
8. Ability to work as a team member.
9. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
1. Brake and machine operations experience.
2. Computer skills to include bending program loading.
3. Solid math skills; analytical and reasoning skills.
Physical requirements and working conditions:
1. Able to stand on feet continuously during shift and able to lift 50 lbs without assistance.
2. Requires PPE to include safety glasses, steel-toe shoes, leather gloves, and hearing protection (as required in high noise areas).
3. Environment exposure includes sharp objects, pinch points, oil, sparks.
A little about us:
We partner with people to improve skills, teams and lives every day, and we help them achieve more than they ever thought possible.