Eaton located in Toccoa, GA has an opening for a Machine Operator – 1st Shift.
- Set up and run machinery and/or hand tooling in the area of responsibility per the attached schedule
- Produce acceptable parts, within tolerance and conditions indicated on the blueprints, RPS instructions, and sketches
- Read and interpret all prints, sketches, RPS instructions, and all special instructions that pertain to the production of parts in the area of responsibility
- Work as part of a team, within and across departments
- Achieve and maintain self-inspection status
- Know all setup procedures, the problems that can occur, and the proper procedure to eliminate and/or correct the problem
- Determine when a machine or tool is not operating safely and correctly and take appropriate remedial action
- Properly fill out all paperwork and accurately input data into computer system
- Deburr parts and components
- Achieve and maintain acceptable job efficiency
- Adhere to work instructions and standard work
- Follow all MESH processes and procedures
High School Diploma/GED from an accredited institution
Must be authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Toccoa, GA will be considered
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
Proficient in E-docs and MFG-PRO; basic computer skills/techniques
Competent use of the following measuring tools and gages: calipers, steel rule, clear rule, micrometers, templates, and hand tools
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.