Johnson Controls produces 146 million batteries every year. We power every type of passenger vehicle, heavy-duty and light commercial trucks, motorcycles, golf cars, lawn and garden tractors and marine applications.
The facility in Geneva, IL is seeking production associates to fill multiple utility positions.
• Non incentive employees can earn up to $20.87/hour plus shift differential.
• Incentive employees earn $14.79/hour plus shift differential and earn incentive potential on top of their base wage. The plant average earnings for an incentive employee is an average of 140%, or $23.00/hour.
• Excellent benefits packages, vacation, holidays and bonuses offered
• Lots of opportunity for growth and advancement
This is a great opportunity for mechanically included and team oriented candidates with interest in working in a manufacturing setting.
Production associate duties include:
• Adhere to all safety standards
• Perform set up of machines (including calibration and clean up) to exact specifications and ensure material is loaded properly
• Know how to perform all functions on assigned production machines, including controlling and adjusting machine settings, feed raw materials or parts to semi-automated machines
• Verify that product meets quality standards and keep records of approved and defective units
• High School Diploma or Equivalency required
• Must be able to work all shifts up to 12 hours, as overtime may be required
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
• Basic computer skills required
• Ability to read and understand all production specifications required
• Ability to neatly and accurately record required data
• Fork lift or material handling experience preferred
• Warehouse or Manufacturing experience preferred
• Inventory experience preferred
• Machine troubleshooting or repair experience preferred
Successful Production Associates must be willing to learn new things and work in a team environment to get the product out in a safe and timely manner, while meeting quality standards.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.