Eaton in Waukesha WI on North Street has an opening for a Core Cell Operator on 2nd shift.
Operates various core building and processing equipment within the department while maintaining adequate proficiency in all areas to provide for necessary production requirements. Performs safety checks, tooling quality checks, core quality checks and uses and assists in the administration of the department line reject system.
Monitors the continuous flow of the operation to see that maximum oven output is achieved. Turns in all applicable labor when operations are completed. Helps develop and promote activities required to support a lean environment. Operates various production equipment to insure that there is proper even flow through the department depending on the needs. These include:
- Core winding machines.
- Hydraulic Core press.
- Removing of core tooling and loading to shipping pallet.
- Salvage, repair of nonconforming cores.
- Receiving – core steel and loading finished cores for inter-plant shipment.
- Maintain visual operating boards and measurements per lean manufacturing procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining all TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) activities as required.
- Responsible for training any new employees within the Cell.
- Use of PLC and HMI controls.
- A high school diploma or GED (General Education Degree) from an accredited institution is required
- Minimum of 6 months of manufacturing or operations experience
- Must be authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Must live within 50 miles of Waukesha WI to be considered – no relocation benefits provided.
- Minimum 1 year of manufacturing experience.
- Must be able to interpret prints, applicable engineering, safety instructions, maintenance and operating instructions and quality specifications.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.