DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is seeking a Machine Operator located in Monument, CO.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, more agile and better equipped to meet the needs of today’s evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The Machine Operator sets up and operates diverse types of machinery (i.e. CNC, Pneumatic, Hydraulic, Automatic) in an assigned cell. Produces various types of products used in the medical device industry. Equipment used depends on product manufacturing or operation being performed. The Machine Operator ensures production requirements are met, product quality is maintained, machine maintenance is adhered to, and safety rules are followed. The Machine Operator reports to the Supervisor of the Screws Department.
• All operators use various types of measuring instruments including gages, micrometers, calipers, and comparators.
• In addition, all operators use diverse types of hand tools (i.e. wrenches, screw drivers, etc) to adjust tooling or fixtures for set up changes or quality adjustments.
• Performs first piece and in process quality checks, which are done both visually and mechanically.
• Fills out paperwork correctly according to GMP rules and performs scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on a regular basis such as checking and replacing coolant, checking fluid oils, emptying metal chips, and cleaning machinery and work areas.
• The Machine Operator completes rework on products rejected by quality inspection and works with other production areas and cell leaders as necessary.
• Provides input to cell leader or tool room manufacturing engineer for either more efficient cell operations or tool/fixture design.
• Follows appropriate safety practices in order to prevent accidents to self or co-workers
• A minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent is required
• Experience that would demonstrate a strong mechanical aptitude is preferred
• Ability to use hand tools: Wrenches, Screw Drivers, Etc. is required
• The ability to use various types of measuring equipment, including gauges, micrometers, calipers, and comparators is required
• Candidates must be willing and able to work in Monument, CO as this position is located in Monument, CO and is not eligible for relocation
• This position requires availability to work occasional overtime and off-shift hours.
• “This position requires making product acceptance decisions, therefore a pre-employment vision test, including color vision test, is required.”
• This is a 2nd Shift position (2pm - 10pm)
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)Job Function