Eaton Crouse-Hinds in Syracuse, NY is looking for a Machine Operator to work second shift in our CNC2 department.
Perform a variety of machining operations using single or multi-spindle drill press and/or tapping machines (automatic and semi-automatic) and milling machines on various castings and parts of steel, cast iron, aluminum, brass, etc.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Duties include positioning parts into chucks, fixtures or loading machine; move selector levers for prescribed speeds; initiating machine cycle, removing machined part and check work.
- Work involves highly repetitive machine operations such as drilling, milling, tapping, reaming, boring, facing, threading, counterboring, etc. Maintain setup (setups made by others).
- Work from verbal instructions, method cards and job assignment tickets.
- Operate sequence prescribed.
- Check work with fixed gauges at prescribed intervals.
- Remove chips from machines and move material to and from work stations as directed.
- Perform a variety of similar and associated duties as required or directed.
- Detect and report faulty machine operations, defective material and unusual cases to proper supervision.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Follow prescribed or standard safety regulations.
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate geographic area of Syracuse, NY will be considered for this position
Experience working in a manufacturing or production environment
Experience working with tapping, milling, and/or drill press machines
- Moderate physical effort, equivalent to continuous light, frequent average or occasional heavy manual effort applied in various ways in performance of job duties.
- Ability to use and read fixed gauges not requiring interpretation.
- Able to read, write, perform simple addition and subtraction, follow simple directions.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.