Nonexempt (N) Reports to/Dept:
The primary objective of this position is to manage and safely operate all End of Line and Board Grinder requirements. The position is also responsible for basic Downcutter and moderate 90º requirements.Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
End of Line Operations:
- Be able to operate T-Car equipment and perform all associated tasks.
- Be able to operate sluether conveyor equipment and perform all associated tasks.
- Be able to operate off-line packaging equipment and perform all associated tasks.
Board Grinder Operations:
- Be able to operate board grinder PLC equipment and perform all associated tasks.
- Be able to operate board grinder loading/grinding equipment and perform all associated tasks. Downcutter Operations :
- Be able to operate Big Wally equipment and perform all associated tasks. 90º Operations:
- Be able to operate pond equipment and perform all associated tasks.
- Be able to operate dancer equipment and perform all associated tasks.
- Be able to operate printer equipment and perform all associated tasks.
- Be able to operate board thickness indicator equipment and perform all associated tasks.
- Be able to operate 1st pass equipment and perform all associated tasks.
- Be able to operate finish saw equipment and perform all associated tasks.
- Be able to operate bar coder equipment and perform all associated tasks.
- Be able to direct and or assist on a lower building changeover up to the 2nd pass of the 90º. Additional Responsibilities:
- Individual(s) must meet all the Production Trainee duties and responsibilities.
- Read and understand production schedule.
- Comply with all plant rules.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain a clean and orderly work area.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Regular Attendance.
- All other duties as assigned or needed.
The employee should hold the following abilities:
COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE COMPENTENCIES
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to do basic mathematical calculations.
- Must be able to operate computers.
- Complete at least 9 months as Production Trainee.
- Ability to accomplish all of the above without direct supervision.
The employee must be able to:
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Log into and navigate Globalink to access PeopleSoft for paycheck/benefits enrollment information.
- Log into and navigate Owens Corning University (OCU) and accomplish online training routinely.
- Navigate Microsoft Outlook to send and receive plant communications.
- Access Production schedule using SAP.
- Print labels using Printware computer system.
- Interact with PLC equipment.
The employee should have the following:
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
The employee should possess the ability to:
- Ability to routinely lift up to 55 lbs. without assistance.
- Work up to 12 hours in hot/cold manufacturing environment.
- Walk/stand on concrete floor continuously for up to 12 hours.
- Safeguard self with Personal protective Equipment (PPE) - steel-toed shoes, eye protection (glasses, goggles, and/or facemask) hearing protection and long sleeved shirt (with shirt tail tucked in) as necessary for task.
About Owens Corning
- Use cleaning equipment or tools as necessary for housekeeping duties in accordance with all safety rules.
- Ability to work overtime as necessary.
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company's market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 16,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 62 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com .A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we'll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
A little about us:
Founded in 1938, Owens Corning is a market-leading innovator of glass-fiber technology