has an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations division with the Sunflower group. We are looking for a Machine Operator
who will assist in the daily operations of the plant, primarily in the operation of grain processing equipment. You must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written to inform other employees of possible problems, ideas, repairs, or just general production information. The Machine Operator must be flexible as production demands are not static and assignment to another area of production is possible. You will have the occasional interaction with growers, truckers, and others delivering to or receiving products from the plant.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Operate and maintain processing equipment. Responsible for product quality, meeting food safety requirements, and throughput in the assigned area. Knowledge of products, product quality factors, and equipment capabilities is essential to ensure equipment is operated at the highest capacity and product quality meets expectations.
- Products received or shipped must be handled efficiently and accurately with regard to recording weight, product identification information, customer information, and quality factors. Must have knowledge of the quality factors regarding products received and shipped. Drivers and growers are to be treated fairly and courteously.
- Responsible for housekeeping, sanitation schedule, and general appearance of the assigned work area. Responsible for maintaining and repairing equipment as necessary.
- Maintain food safety requirements at all times. Employee must practice GMP’s and other general safety procedures during production and repairs.
- Observe all safety and work rules, which includes wearing all safety equipment as specified.
- Perform other jobs as assigned by Supervisor, Production Manager, and Plant Superintendent. (Including transfer of product)
- Must maintain good communication with other employees in order to maintain efficient production.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- High school diploma
- Some mechanical knowledge related particularly to the operation of grain equipment.
- Must be able to read.
- 1 year of Packaging, Machine Operator, or Maintenance is preferred.
A little about us:
CHS is proud to offer veterans a place to grow their careers. Driven by the values of the farm families who own CHS, our employees focus on helping farmers raise healthy crops.