DePuy Synthes is a Johnson & Johnson company that is one of the leaders in the medical device industry. Our implants and instruments are used by orthopaedic surgeons to treat patients with conditions resulting from traumatic injuries, degenerative diseases, deformities, and sports related injuries. Our environment is entrepreneurial, learning-driven, and is as challenging as it is rewarding.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
Sets up and operates diverse types of machinery (i.e. CNC, Pneumatic, Hydraulic, or Automatic) in assigned cell, in order to produce various types of products used in the medical industry. Equipment used depends on product manufacturing or operation being performed. Ensures production requirements are met, product quality is maintained, machine maintenance is adhered to, and safety rules are followed.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sets up and operates diverse types of equipment used to manufacture various types of products within established quality requirements. Generally, these are established products but, on occasion, may work on test or new products.
- Operations being performed depend on cell assignment and product being manufactured but include and are not limited to, cutting raw material, drilling, milling, de-burring, threading, buffing, bead blasting, vibratory, etc.
- Equipment used may be CNC, Pneumatic, Hydraulic, Manual or Automatic and includes, but is not limited to, various types of lathes, mills, grinder, roll flows, vibrator, drill presses, rabbit, tortoise, bead blaster, grinding wheels, buffer, bench press, tool grinder, etc.
- All operators use various types of measuring instruments including, numerous types of gages, micrometers, calipers, and comparators.
- All operator use diverse types of hand tools (i.e. wrenches, screw drivers, etc) to adjust or change tooling or fixtures for set up changes or quality adjustments.
- Following process sheets and using individual judgment, performs first piece and in process quality checks. This is done both visually and mechanically. Adjusts set up or changes tooling as necessary to maintain quality levels. Fills out paperwork correctly according to GMP rules.
- Performs scheduled and unscheduled preventive maintenance on a regular basis such as, but not limited to, checking and replacing coolant, checking fluid oils, emptying metal chips, and cleaning machinery and work areas. Interfaces with maintenance regarding equipment breakdowns.
- Completes rework, as necessary, on products rejected by quality inspection. Works with other production areas and cell leaders as necessary, to resolve quality problems.
- Provides input to cell leader or tool room manufacturing engineer for either more efficient cell operations or tool/fixture design.
- Works following appropriate safety practices in order to prevent accidents to self or co-workers.
- Performs other related duties, as required.
- Know and follow all laws and policies that apply to one's job, and maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times.
- Diligently participate in our compliance program-related activities as denoted by your supervisor or our Chief Compliance Officer.
- Education and training normally associated with a High School Diploma
- Good math skills and ability to learn metrics required
- Six months job experience that would demonstrate mechanical aptitude, such as
- machine operator, maintenance work, etc.
- Six months to be proficient
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.