Eaton located in Cleveland, TN is currently looking for a Machine Operator I to work on the second shift.
- Fabricate parts per drawings, routings and work instructions.
- Utilize manufacturing information, determine necessary parts/inventory, fixtures/dies and obtain materials from stock areas.
- Perform quality checks consistent with the operator quality instructions using measuring instruments and/or templates.
- Operate auxiliary equipment such as automatic feeds, scrap cutters, conveyors, limit switches and safety equipment. Set, align and secure dies; set ram stroke.
- Use kanban and other replenishment systems to assure availability of parts.
- Maintain equipment, change tooling and make minor adjustments as necessary.
- Maintain equipment and work area in a clean and orderly manner; keep oil deposits off floor.
- Wear all personal protective equipment, effectively use machine guarding and observe all hygiene requirements as specified and directed.
- Train new employees.
- Cross-train on various presses and equipment applicable to job classification.
- Work overtime as necessary.
- Comply with all applicable ISO 9001, EQS, MESH and ISO 14001 procedures. Possess a working knowledge of relevant ISO procedures and work instructions as well as the Eaton Safety Process.
- High School Diploma/GED from an accredited institution
- Only candidates that can legally work in the United States without company sponsorship will be considered.
- Eaton is not offering relocation, only candidates residing within a 50 mile radius from the Cleveland, TN facility will be considered.
- Experience operating punch presses, turret presses and/or press brake.
- Sufficient proficiency with precision-measuring equipment (e.g. calipers, tape measures)
- Competent in use of hand tools such as screwdrivers, hammers, wrenches, drills, etc.
- Demonstrate proficiency with drawings and/or blueprints and in general operation and troubleshooting of the equipment.
- Knowledge of and proven ability to use computer systems (Mapics, Matrix).
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.