DePuy Synthes is a Johnson & Johnson company that is one of the leaders in the medical device industry. Our implants and instruments are used by orthopaedic surgeons to treat patients with conditions resulting from traumatic injuries, degenerative diseases, deformities, and sports related injuries. Our environment is entrepreneurial, learning-driven, and is as challenging as it is rewarding.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The Machine Operator I will be responsible for operating machinery to produce parts, tools and equipment using sketches, prints or instruction manuals.
- Accountable for adhering to all quality and safety guidelines
- Assist with set up and operation of machinery to produce parts, tools and equipment
- Modify parts based on quality inspection results to assure conformance to requirements
- Clean machines as necessary and assist with basic maintenance
- Correct basic manufacturing problems as directed
- Request supplies for assigned equipment and maintains calibration records
- Notify supervisor when machinery needs maintenance or repairs
- Perform operations, set-ups, adjustments, cleaning, and prove-outs on CNC or Lathe machines
- Perform simple and routine first piece inspections using simple test equipment
- Monitor quality, making tool changes and adjustments as needed
- Accurately records and completes manufacturing documentation (ie. Logbooks)
- Interacts with other functional groups (i.e. Quality) to resolve issues
- Read blueprints or job orders for product specifications such as dimensions and tolerances, and tooling instructions such as fixtures, feed rates, cutting speeds, depth of cut, and determines sequence of operations
- Complete tasks including dimensional and visual inspections per print specifications, paperwork and MRP transactions
- Reads and follows operations sheet as to assembly, start-up, and operation of production equipment
- May train other associates within the cell
- Works at different work stations as production needs require
- Performs self-inspection on all assembly work performed
- Maintains clean and orderly workstation (6S)
- Communicates problems to supervisor, technician, or engineer
- May perform stock/kanban transactions, and enters lot information into computer/terminal
- Maintains documentation (travelers/routers and blueprints) to ensure it is orderly and updated
- Has completed basic production, health, safety, and environmental hazard training courses
- Follows all corporate, safety and production standard operating procedures
- Responsible for ensuring personal and company compliance with all Federal, State, local, and company regulations, policies and procedures
- Provides suggestions for improvement in operating time, yields, ergonomics, handling, line organization, etc.
- A High School Diploma, GED or Equivalent is required.
- Vocational training in machine operations is preferred.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in Production, Operations, Manufacturing and/or related discipline is required.
- Experience within a regulated industry is preferred.
- Experience within the medical devices industry is preferred.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Understand and is able to apply regulatory (QSR, ISO, GMP) requirements in everyday activities.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and geometric tolerance dimensions is required.
- Ability to use and read measuring devices (i.e. calipers, micrometers, thermometers, gauges, etc.) is required.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.