Machine Operator I PAINTLINE 1st SHIFT
Company: Johnson Controls
Location: Marinette, Wisconsin
Posted: October 11, 2017
Reference ID: 151803
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit http://www.johnsoncontrols.com/ or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
STATEMENT OF JOB
The Pre-finisher loads and unloads the conveyor lines by hand with correct number of parts or shells following the production orders and schedules. Parts loaded will be items such as brackets, guards, covers, boxes and small parts and shells of various sizes. Receives supervision for and performs other duties as assigned by the department supervisor.
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH, AND SAFETY OBLIGATIONS
Comply with the following Environmental, Health and Safety duties as a condition of employment:
• Comply with safety rules
• Attend and Participate in Safety Training
• Participate actively in the safety process
• Ask questions if something isn't known
• Report all accidents and injuries immediately
• Submit suggestions to improve safety
• Know responsibilities in the event of an emergency (i.e. what to do in the event of an alarm for fire, chemical spills, tornados, etc.)
• Be a coach to others who are acting unsafely
• Must have Lock-out tags after 6 months?
• Attend and participate in all hazardous and non-hazardous waste trainings.
• Ability to recognize chemical hazardous labels.
• Spill management and clean-up.
• Air shutoff locations.
• Capability to follow satellite accumulation rules and requirements.
• Proficiency to recognize hazardous wastes in your area and manage properly
Must be 18 years of age and have a HS Diploma or equivalent. Must be able to perform general math calculations, keep accurate count of parts used, produced, and scrapped, time delays and keeps accurate records of each. Must be able to do frequent bending, reaching, and hauling of light to heavy weight parts, while properly loading and maintaining minimum production standards.
1. Loads and unloads the conveyor line with Sentry and Red Line shells (2-1/2, 5, 10, 20 and 30) by hand.
2. Loads and unloads the conveyor line with such items as brackets, guards, covers, boxes and small parts by hand.
3. Keeps accurate count of all parts for purposes of timekeeping, scrap, delay, and parts produced.
4. Inspected all parts for fabrication defects, rust and paint quality, details parts when necessary with small brush and determines when parts must be recoated.
5. Maintains communications with Finishers on quality of parts.
6. Maintains hooks and racks on the line, having them cleaned at regular intervals by the Finisher. Also replaces small parts such as teflon o-rings.
7. Monitors temperatures on oven.
8. Occasionally drives a fork lift to position or procure material. Also manually moves boxes and pallets to proper position.
9. Strains used powder paint for reuse by using a scoop.
10. Cleans powder paint booth when needed:
a. Removes and replaces collector bags.
b. Vacuums powder paint to silo to remove old powder.
c. Assists Finisher in cleaning powder paint guns. Also assists in general repair of other powder paint equipment.
11. During annual shutdown, cleans out phosphator by removing and unclogging piping and nozzles. Cleans out tanks and refills them with fresh phosphate.
12. Cleans out liquid paint booths when required.
a. Removes and replaces grease on booth walls.
b. Removes and replaces filters.
13. Performs other maintenance duties when needed such as cleaning the conveyor line, baking oven, the shaker, ductwork, and caulking ovens.
14. Performs housekeeping and other related duties as may be assigned by the Paint Department Supervisor.