Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
STATEMENT OF JOB
The AFFF Blender / Filler reports to the B18/AFFF Supervisor. The Blender / Fillers are responsible for blending and filling various types of foam and specialty chemical products according to prescribed procedures. This role assumes direct process responsibility for blending as well as insuring the performance of equipment including filling machines, material handling equipment and miscellaneous other tools are operating to the required specifications. The Blender / Filler follows' the workflow process and assists the supervisor or group leader to efficiently coordinate other personnel in the blending and filling operations. The Blender / Filler is required to assist Supervisors, Group leaders, Quality assurance, Material planning and Engineering personnel when requested or on their own.
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH, AND SAFETY OBLIGATIONS
Comply with the following Environmental, Health and Safety duties as a condition of employment:
• Comply with safety rules
• Attend and Participate in Safety Training
• Participate actively in the safety process
• Ask questions if something isn't known
• Report all accidents and injuries immediately
• Submit suggestions to improve safety
• Know responsibilities in the event of an emergency (i.e. what to do in the event of an alarm for fire, chemical spills, tornados, etc.)
• Be a coach to others who are acting unsafely
• Must have Lock-out / Tag out locks and follow all requirements.
• Attend and participate in all hazardous and non-hazardous waste trainings.
• Ability to recognize chemical hazardous labels.
• Spill management and clean-up.
• Capability to follow satellite accumulation rules and requirements.
• Proficiency to recognize hazardous wastes in your area and manage properly.
Must be 18 years of age and have a HS Diploma or equivalent. Required to obtain a JCI / Tyco industrial lift truck license. Must be able to work in temperature ranges from below zero to 100% F. Must be able to stand 100% of the time and perform tasks in difficult working positions. SPECIAL NOTE: Normal training period = 24 months
1. Assists in guiding and directing others in the work process.
2. Directs the activities of a group of employees consisting of 6 or 7 people per shift working on specific projects.
3. Transfers chemical, some of which are acids, caustics and fungicides from storage tanks to blend tanks to make up blends according to prescribed formulations. Chemical containers used may weigh up to 2000lbs and must be handled safely with the use of forklifts, chain hoists / barrel dumpers or by hand.
4. Samples blends and records results, most testing done with pH / Refractometer.
5. Troubleshoots filling machines and checks performance.
6. Loads formulated bulk product into various containers, and coordinates shipping papers and trailers needed for shipments with the supervisor, group leader or planner to assure accuracy and on-time delivery.
7. Makes minor repairs to piping, pumps, valves, etc.
8. Keeps blending records and other required documentation current. Calculates ratios and inventory records.
9. Must understand the set-up and operation of weigh scales in production and filling operations.
10. Works closely with Quality Control Inspection/Engineering and Chemicals Lab personnel to assure proper product consistencies/quality and chemical usage.
11. Under the direction of the Supervisor or group leader coordinates workload/vacation scheduling to assure production and product deliveries are met.
12. Must be aware and responsible for abiding with Government contract specifications whenever Government work is performed.
13. Must use judgment and knowledge when receiving and storing incoming raw materials.
14. Assure safety equipment and policies are abided by.
15. Performs housekeeping and other related duties as may be assigned by Supervisor.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.