Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
STATEMENT OF JOB
The Dry Operator operates and controls the process for making a variety of different dry chemical blends and finished products. Dumps batches from Ball Mill or Littleford Blender, transfers product to various hoppers and performs process troubleshooting. May also be called upon to weigh out raw materials and prepare batch charges for Multi System and Ross Mixer. Transfers finished products from totes utilizing the tote tilt transfer system.
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH, AND SAFETY OBLIGATIONS
Comply with the following Environmental, Health and Safety duties as a condition of employment:
• Comply with safety rules
• 2 Person lifts are REQUIRED for any material or product over 40 lbs.
• Vacuum lifts MUST be used to move bagged raw material
• Attend and Participate in Safety Training
• Participate actively in the safety process
• Ask questions if something isn't known
• Report all accidents and injuries immediately
• Submit suggestions to improve safety
• Insure load to be moved is stable and skid or pallet is sufficiently constructed and undamaged to support load.
• Know responsibilities in the event of an emergency (i.e. what to do in the event of an alarm for fire, chemical spills, tornados, etc.)
• Be a coach to others who are acting unsafely
• Must have LO / TO locks
• Attend and participate in all hazardous and non-hazardous waste trainings.
• Ability to recognize chemical hazardous labels.
• Spill management and clean-up.
• Air shutoff locations.
• Capability to follow satellite accumulation rules and requirements.
• Proficiency to recognize hazardous wastes in your area and manage properly.
Must be 18 years of age and have a HS Diploma or equivalent. Must be able to read, write, understand and use digital and regular scales. Must be able to climb stairs and work at high elevations. Must have trouble shooting skills and be able to train and coordinate the work assignments. Must maintain a JCI / Tyco industrial lift truck license.
1. Prepares mills and blenders for charging by checking instruments, graphs, pumps, steam, temperatures, water and controls.
2. After milling, grinding or pre-blending, transfers batch to Littleford blender or ball mill and then to various hoppers for filling into tote bins, cartons, pails or bags.
3. Maintains process by monitoring batch processing and batch records.
4. Unloads air slide cars of bulk bicarbonate by hooking up to pneumatic conveying system.
5. Performs shutdown operations such as steaming the Ball Mill, cleaning grinder (visually inspecting screens for any problems) and shutting down the system for repairs.
6. When switching to a different dry chemical process, may need to do a system cleanout.
7. Operates lift truck to haul raw and finished materials and/or product to and from work area.
8. Troubleshoots and performs some minor maintenance on mechanical process equipment.
9. Checks raw materials stock to inform Supervisor and/or Material Control of low inventory levels.
10. Transfers finished product to bulk trucks or production floor.
11. Fill / palletize pails utilizing the robotic pail fill line(s).
12. Performs daily inventory of raw and WIP material. Reports inventory data to supervisor, group lead or cycle count personnel as required.
13. Become proficient with CNS removal, labor entry and other SAP transactions.
14. Operates tote tilt transfer system(s) insuring internal customers do not run out of material.
15. Assists maintenance with trouble shooting and breakdowns.
16. Trains inexperienced operators on all duties
17. Works closely with other shifts to insure plant(s) runs at peak efficiency.
18. Accurately tracks, documents and maintains all applicable paperwork. IE: Downtime logs, batch record sheets, shift to shift communication log and other data as requested by the area supervisor, group leader or engineer.
19. Performs housekeeping and other duties during blend cycles or when a break down occurs. Other duties such as painting and special projects may be assigned by the supervisor, group leader or engineer..
Vacations approved in your current department do not carry over to your new department.
Interested employees may apply for this position by going to www.mytycohr.com.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.