We are a worldwide leader in saving lives and protecting property with our broad portfolio of chemical and water products as well as mechanical products for the fire protection and building products industries. We design, manufacture, and distribute the highest quality products with market leading features for the Commercial, Residential, Storage, HVAC/Plumbing, Food Service, Petroleum Oil & Gas, Mining, Marine and other markets. TFPP is a recognized leader in researching new technologies and developing innovative solutions for our customers. The business unit has approximately 4,500 employees with 27 manufacturing plants and 46 Distribution Branches in Europe, The Middle East, Africa, Asia, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Latin America, and the US. TFPP is headquartered in Lansdale, PA.
STATEMENT OF JOB
The Machine Operator III (Spinner) reports to the Standard Products Fabrication Supervisor. He or she shall set up and operate from prints work instructions and/or set-up sheets, all tube cutting equipment, spinning lathes, hydraulic presses, pre-heat furnaces, torches and equipment, used in the spinning and forming of various sized cartridges and extinguisher shells. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, maintaining equipment by performing routine maintenance tasks, heat treating S/S shells, preventive maintenance, and routine cleaning of machines and area each day, quality inspections and testing of parts produced, use of required testing equipment and gauges, and daily interaction with supervisors, engineering and management. This position also requires moderate to heavy lifting, pushing and pulling. This position will require potential candidates to complete appropriate testing, and achieve acceptable scores before being considered for this position.
This position requires Associates placed in the position to successfully complete specific training. These training requirements can be located on the Marinette Operations Training Matrix.
Comply with all the health and safety rules, policies and procedures as a condition of employment including but not limited to:
• Comply with safety rules
• Takes assertive actions to stop all unsafe acts or processes.
• Attend and Participate in all Safety Training
• Participate actively in the safety process
• Report all accidents and injuries, and near misses immediately
• Submit suggestions to improve safety
• Know their duties in case of emergency
• Be a coach to others who are acting unsafely
Comply with all the environmental rules policies and procedures as a condition of employment, including but not limited to:
• Attend and participate in all environmental training including hazardous and non-hazardous waste training.
• Ability to recognize chemical hazardous labels, and know where to find MSDS sheets.
• Spill management and clean-up.
• Capability to follow satellite accumulation rules and requirements.
• Proficiency to recognize hazardous wastes in your area and manage properly.
• High School diploma or equivalent required
• Prefer related experience with machining equipment, testing equipment and maintenance experience.
• Knowledge of basic mechanics and mathematics; with demonstrated analytical skills.
• Experience with testing and gauging equipment; including the maintenance of that equipment.
• Demonstrated experience with preventative maintenance tasks and equipment setups.
• Demonstrated ability to complete all required documentation and communicate effectively with supervision, engineering, and management.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively work in a team environment.
• Must be willing to cross train in all other Machine Operator III roles.
• Demonstrated ability of eye to hand coordination and the ability to work from a standing position in a hot environment for a 10 hour shift.
• Must have or be able to obtain a valid Tyco forklift license.
• Must have the ability to lift, push and pull heavy carts and materials.
1. Demonstrate safe work practices in accordance with the Tyco Safety Program
OSHA, and EPA; include the proper use of all required PPE.
2. The associate grinds sets up and adjusts spinning tools for various spinning operations.
3. The associate safely moves material by hand and/or via lift truck or electric cart dolly (into and out of area).
4. The associate performs routine and minor maintenance on applicable spinning and press equipment.
5. This associate checks and adjusts equipment (hydraulic pressure and heat) for the materials to be spun, pierced and formed.
6. The associate spins and forms various sized cartridges and shells, including time delay and stainless steel cartridges.
7. The associate inspects the surface finish visually or with gauges; inspects product to print specifications.
8. The associate stamps steel code numbers and personal code on cartridges.
9. This associate cuts metal tubing to the proper length using automatic tube cutting equipment.
10. The associate also keeps accurate records of material output and material codes at various points.
11. The associate can detect irregularities in spun cartridges, trouble shoot equipment and make adjustments accordingly.
12. The associate has demonstrated the ability of basic math, and can keep production order in line and up to date.
13. The associate performs housekeeping and other related duties to keep their work area clean and as assigned by the supervisor.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.