Primary Purpose of the Job
To operate the CNC equipment and ensure blade or vane parts are precision machined according to customer specifications.
Major Activities / Key Challenges
- Setting-up CNC machines by changing the tooling and/or grinding wheels for specific jobs
Essential Knowledge & Skills/Education
- Basic knowledge of mathematical equations (addition, subtraction, division, decimal points)
- Ability to read & follow written work instructions and write notes in daily log books and production sheets
- Basic knowledge of computer systems
- Basic mechanical skills and aptitude
- High School Diploma required
- Minimum of 6 months experience working in manufacturing
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Prefer 1 year machining experience in aerospace, power, automobile or military industry
- Prefer 1 year quality inspection experience
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.