Johnson Controls Olive Branch, MS is hiring 2nd Shift Machine Operators.
Receiving verbal or written job assignment instructions from Supervisor. Performing basic mechanical tasks to start and stop machine, with occasional awkward postures. Changing set up of machine as needed, Loading machine with required materials and cutting finished product to specified length. Inspecting work pieces for defects, and accuracy of machine operation. Measuring work pieces using rules, templates, or other measuring instruments. Detect and report defective material or questionable conditions to the department supervisors. Performs first article inspection for conformance to specifications. Use manual tape dispenser, monitor gauges, or other indicators to make sure the machine is working properly. Completing production reports, hour by hour charts and scrap sheets daily. Enter required information into digital HMI.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrates attention to detail
- Ability to read, communicate and interpret documents, such as safety rules and work instructions and job specifications.
- Assists in training of new employees.
- Must participate in the HPT (High Performance Team)
- Follow all standards within your department.
- Observes all safety rules and company regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Good Hand Eye Coordination
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to work in a noisy, dusty, industrial/manufacturing environment.
- Ability to work in a Non-Climate controlled environment
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in repetitive motions and pressure involving fingers, hands and wrists.
- The work requires some physical exertion such as long periods of standing in one place or walking over hard concrete surfaces.
- Exposure to recurring bending, crouching, stooping, kneeling, stretching or similar activities.
- Ability to read, write, speak and communicate in the English language is preferred
- Working daily overtime as needed and some Saturdays.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE (EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE REQUIRED):
- High school diploma or GED diploma
- One year experience in an industrial manufacturing environment is preferred
- Good communication skills
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.