Location: Covington, Ohio
Posted: November 12, 2016
Reference ID: 449819596
• Operates bridge crane/fork lift/pallet jack to bring fans to work station and/or testing area; safely operates lift table to bring work up to a comfortable working height (if applicable).
• Reads and interprets blueprints; checks shop orders to ensure that all necessary parts and accessories are readily available; and finds all necessary parts and accessories that are not with the current parts.
• Positions parts and examines connections for correct fit; resolves assembly and production issues; reports quality issues and errors in production line; and informs supervisor of any shortages in parts or hardware
• Arranges shaft and bearings and ensures that the center of the shaft is in the center of the housing and has an equal distance in radius in all directions. Connects the prop and ensures that it is the correct size (if possible). Connects lube lines (copper, plastic, stainless steel). Connects the motor and belt alignment.
• Uses appropriate tools to assemble and fasten all parts on the fan assembly per TCF engineering and quality standards.
• Wires all necessary wires correctly and safely.
• Removes small quantities of metal with hand files, scrapers, and die grinders to ensure proper fit between parts.
• Verifies that everything from the shop order is completed prior to signing off on each unit.
• Additional duties may be assigned, dependent upon location and product line.
• High school diploma or GED.
• 6+ months' experience and/or training (technical school) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals written in English.
• Basic math skills to include addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in all units of measure including whole numbers, fractions and decimals. Ability to read a tape measure.
• Ability to use tools in a safe and proper manner.