The employee in this position is responsible for the operation and maintenance of packaging equipment within the assembly processes. This includes the installation, operation, maintenance, modification, construction, and protection of physical facilities, and equipment used to produce customer products and provide customer services. Responsibilities also include compliance with all federal, state and local laws as such apply to OSHA, environmental air quality control requirements and hazard/waste control requirements.
- The set up, operation, and basic repair of packaging and manufacturing equipment including but not limited to labeling equipment, case sealer, conveyors, L-Bars, shrink wrap tunnels, heat sealers, etc
- Responsible for set-up, troubleshooting, and establishing label formats for high speed packaging
- Assisting in meeting and exceeding daily production goals and machine uptime
- Scheduling/performing preventative maintenance.
- Requisition parts and supplies
- Perform all tasks in a safe and efficient manner
- Maintain equipment in safe working condition
- Organization and cleanliness of assembly equipment Maintain preventive maintenance logs
- Coordinates the processing of all maintenance items work requests. Prepares project cost estimates; provides for appropriate planning and work flow; provides required parts, materials and equipment; and maintenance of all related labor and equipment records. Manages the inventory of parts, materials, and equipment for which the assembly department is held accountable.
- Performs a variety of miscellaneous tasks as required by management from time to time.