Air Products and Chemicals, Inc., a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases, has an immediate opening for a Machinery Engineer
at our Corporate Headquarters in Allentown, Pennsylvania.POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Machinery Engineer will provide technical leadership for the machinery needs within the Standard Plants Product Line Organization. Machinery Engineering support will be distributed between Proposal Development, Project Execution, Product Development, and Product Line improvements. Principal Accountabilities:
- Support of small Hydrogen, Oxygen and Nitrogen generators project and product line machinery needs.
- Work on engineering detail of the rotating machines, such as compressor, blower, process pump, cooling water system, filter and silencer. Including technical specification, bid evaluation, vendor drawing reviews.
- Identify and lead machinery related improvements initiatives including cost reduction of products and project execution work process improvements.
- Provide technical guidance for Standard Plants machinery needs globally.
- Build good relationships and communicate with global machinery community to share the best practice and technology.
- Development / update product based machinery specifications for vendor designed / built Machinery skids.
- Participate in or support start-up/commissioning and shop check out of plant machinery including on-site or remote support, development of check-out procedures and follow-up on punch list items.
- Support Proposals Management with equipment and labor estimates for proposed projects.
- Support Operations and Maintenance, as required for, warranty, operating issues, repairs, and/or modifications to existing equipment.
- Provide mentorship for other engineers in Standard Plants.
- BS/MS in Machinery or Mechanical Engineering.
- At least 15 years of applicable work experience in Machinery Engineering.
- Possess strong organization, leadership, time management, team work and communication skills.
- Successfully work both cross functionally and within global teams.
- Must be self-motivated and solutions driven.
Air Products (NYSE:APD) is a world-leading Industrial Gases company in operation for over 75 years. The Company's core industrial gases business provides atmospheric and process gases and related equipment to manufacturing markets, including refining and petrochemical, metals, electronics, and food and beverage. Air Products is also the world's leading supplier of liquefied natural gas process technology and equipment. The Company had fiscal 2017 sales of $8.2 billion from continuing operations in 50 countries and has a current market capitalization of approximately $30 billion. Approximately 15,000 passionate, talented and committed employees from a diversity of backgrounds are driven by Air Products' higher purpose to create innovative solutions that benefit the environment, enhance sustainability and address the challenges facing customers, communities and the world.To apply for this position, please visit the Air Products Career Center. Click on Search job openings. You can apply specifically to Job Req #21486BR. If you are a current Air Products employee, please apply via APOnline by clicking on Online Applications, then selecting Career Center.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
Air Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
A little about us:
Opportunities for veterans with experience in instrument, electrical, and mechanical environments.