Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 130,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
STATEMENT OF JOB
The Maintenance Electrician installs wiring, electrical devices, motors, and other electrical equipment in accordance with the code; troubleshoots and services all plant electrical equipment.
Comply with the following health and safety duties as a condition of employment:
• Comply with safety rules
• Attend and Participate in Safety Training
• Participate actively in the safety process
• Report all accidents and injuries immediately
• Submit suggestions to improve safety
• Know their duties in case of emergency
• Be a coach to others who are acting unsafely
Comply with the following environmental duties as a condition of employment:
• Attend and participate in all hazardous and non-hazardous waste trainings.
• Ability to recognize chemical hazardous labels.
• Spill management and clean-up.
• Capability to follow satellite accumulation rules and requirements.
• Proficiency to recognize hazardous wastes in your area and manage properly.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
Journeyman Electrician with 3-5 years Industrial experience.
Physical demand requires normal activities of working with average to heavy material, from ladders, or in cramped or difficult positions.
Must pass a basic color blindness test.
Aptitude testing may be utilized.
Instrumentation knowledge is a plus.
Mechanical background is a plus.
1. Plans layout and installs and repairs wiring, electrical fixtures, apparatus and control equipment. Plans new or modified installations to minimize waste of material, provide access for future maintenance and avoid hazardous and unreliable wiring, consistent with specifications and local electrical code.
2. Prepares sketches, notes and schematics showing location of all wiring and equipment or follows schematics or blueprints prepared by others, insuring that concealed wiring is installed before completion of future walls, ceiling, flooring or future troubleshooting is expedited.
3. Measures, cuts, bends, thread, assemble and install electrical conduit using such tools as hacksaw, pipe threader and conduit bender.
4. Pulls wiring through conduit. Splices wire by stripping insulation from terminal leads with knife or pliers, twisting or soldering wires together and applying tape or terminal caps.
5. Connects wiring to lighting fixtures and power equipment using hand tools.
6. Installs control and distribution apparatus such as switches, relays, and conduit breaker panels, fastening or hanging them in place with screws or bolts using drills, masonry chisels, hammer, anchor bolts and wrench.
7. Connects power cables to equipment such as pump motors and installs grounding leads.
8. Tests continuity of circuit to insure electrical compatibility and safety of all components using standard instruments such as ohmmeter and battery.
9. Observes functioning of installed equipment such as motors or hydraulic and pneumatic, or systems to detect hazards and need for adjustments, relocation or replacement. Provides motor repair instructions.
10. Installs and repairs direct current electrical parts and wiring for internal combustion engines.
11. Installs, calibrates and tests printed circuit boards and electronic equipment.
12. Troubleshoots electric forklifts.
13. Installs transformers after determining proper phase size and voltage based on application. Replaces defective bars in power transformers.
14. Installs and repairs high lines with mechanical giraffe, cherry picker or ladders.
15. Installs telephone auto-call, alarms and other signals working with telephone company personnel. Maintains closed circuit TV and intercom systems.
16. Adjusts and rebuilds high voltage power racks for static paint system.
17. Repairs small electrical tools, such as drills, saws and grinders.
18. Operates trucks, forklifts, and other material/personnel handling equipment to aid in projects.
19. Assists HVAC personnel in troubleshooting and installing building utility equipment.
20. Maintains inventory of conduit, spare motors, reducer, transformers and hand tools.
21. Adapts stock items in inventory to replace damaged controls that are not available to reduce machine downtime.
22. Draws, designs and fills in manual schematics on equipment where prints are not provided.
23. Installs, programs and troubleshoots programmable controllers.
24. Performs housekeeping and other related duties as a helper in other trades, as assigned by the Supervisor.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.