Working to very close tolerances, sets up and operates a variety of manual and/or CNC metal cutting machines. Reads and interprets blueprints, engineering sketches, and diagrams. Produces items for a variety of applications. Specific Responsibilities
- Set up and operate a variety of manual and CNC metal cutting machines such as mills, lathes, grinders, drills and related equipment.
- Produce a wide range of items including, tooling for production machines, repair parts, installation tooling parts, and fastener prototypes.
- Read and interpret blueprints and sketches to determine specifications of items to be produced.
- Read gages, micrometers, scales, calipers and related precision measuring equipment to determine item conformance to specifications.
- Work to required dimensional tolerances.
- Assists in the design, construction, and/or modifications of prototype fasteners and installation systems and provides input on product design and improvements.
- Prepare production machine tooling set-up packages and assists in set-ups.
- Perform routine maintenance and adjustments on machine tools and equipment.
- Train less experience personnel in the proper set up and operation of machining equipment.
- Prepare production reports, time cards and other reports or forms in both manual and electronic formats.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area in accordance with 5-S principles.
- Perform all work activities in accordance with safety and environmental standards.
- Provide hand tools required for performance of assigned duties.
- Maintains full compliance with Company policies and procedures and conducts all activities in accordance with the Arconic Guide to Business Conduct.
- Demonstrates a knowledge of and commitment to learn manufacturing principles and techniques.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum of 3 years of experience setting up and operating manual and/or CNC machine tools to perform precision metal cutting and shaping operationsPreferred Qualifications