Working to very close tolerances, sets up and operates a variety of manual and/or CNC metal cutting machines. Reads and interprets blueprints, engineering sketches, and diagrams. Produces items for a variety of applications. Leads the daily activities of a team of highly skilled machinists. Specific Responsibilities (these will vary depending on work assignment):
- Set up and operate a variety of manual and CNC metal cutting machines such as mills, lathes, grinders, drills and related equipment.
- Program CNC equipment using Espirit, EZ CAM, and CAPS.
- Produce a wide range of items including, tooling for production machines, repair parts, installation tooling parts, and fastener prototypes.
- Read and interpret blueprints and sketches to determine specifications of items to be produced.
- Read gages, micrometers, scales, calipers and related precision measuring equipment to determine item conformance to specifications.
- Work to required dimensional tolerances.
- Assists in the design, construction, and/or modifications of prototype fasteners and installation systems and provides input on product design and improvements.
- Prepare production machine tooling set-up packages and assists in set-ups.
- Identifies material, cutting tools, fixtures, and other items necessary to produce tooling for production machines, repair parts, installation tooling parts, and fastener prototypes.
- Estimate job times.
- Maintains maintenance records and equipment lists in the R&D area.
- Maintains inventory of raw materials to produce a variety of parts.
- Performs routine maintenance and adjustments on machine tools and equipment.
- Train less experience personnel in the proper set up and operation of machining equipment.
- Prepare production reports and other reports or forms in both manual and electronic formats.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area in accordance with 5-S principles.
- Perform all work activities in accordance with safety and environmental standards.
- Maintains full compliance with Company policies and procedures and conducts all activities in accordance with the Alcoa Guide to Business Conduct.
- Demonstrates a knowledge of and commitment to learn manufacturing principles and techniques.
- Performs all work activities in accordance with safety and environmental standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum of 5 years of experience setting up and operating manual and/or CNC machine tools to perform precision metal cutting and shaping operations.Preferred Qualifications
Technical school education in machining
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.