MACHINING TECH V- SCREW MACHINES
Sets up and operates multiple Davenport screw machines. Incumbent will have control to make minor adjustments to the process or machine after tasks are assigned.
• Independently makes complete set up of Davenport screw machines.
• Selects, mounts, and adjusts cutting tools; regulates time cycles; sets machine speeds, feeds and stops.
• Selects and positions gears and cams as called out on screw machine layout.
• Works from orders, screw machine part prints and screw machine layouts.
• Operates machines to perform turning, drilling, reaming, facing, tapping, threading, forming and other operations within the capacity of the machine.
• Sets up machine to produce parts to close tolerances. Checks parts intermittently to specified dimensions.
• Recognizes improper machine functioning or cutting action of tools; troubleshoots and makes proper adjustments.
• Re sharpens tooling using support equipment.
• Applies complete knowledge of machinists hand and measuring tools.
• Applies knowledge of metals, alloys, cutting oils and coolants, as required.
• Performs S.P.C. charting from predetermined dimensions.
• Performs knitting task.
• Assist factory supervision and leaders in the training of machine operators.
• Parts to be lifted and/or transported may weigh up to 30 lbs.
• Keeps work area clean, safe and in an orderly fashion on a daily basis.
• Performs other tasks of equal or lesser skill as required.