Sets up and operates multiple Davenport screw machines. Incumbent will have control to make minor adjustments to the process or machine after tasks are assigned.
• Independently makes complete set up of Davenport screw machines.
• Selects, mounts, and adjusts cutting tools; regulates time cycles; sets machine speeds, feeds and stops.
• Selects and positions gears and cams as called out on screw machine layout.
• Works from orders, screw machine part prints and screw machine layouts.
• Operates machines to perform turning, drilling, reaming, facing, tapping, threading, forming and other operations within the capacity of the machine.
• Sets up machine to produce parts to close tolerances. Checks parts intermittently to specified dimensions.
• Recognizes improper machine functioning or cutting action of tools; troubleshoots and makes proper adjustments.
• Re sharpens tooling using support equipment.
• Applies complete knowledge of machinists hand and measuring tools.
• Applies knowledge of metals, alloys, cutting oils and coolants, as required.
• Performs S.P.C. charting from predetermined dimensions.
• Performs knitting task.
• Assist factory supervision and leaders in the training of machine operators.
• Parts to be lifted and/or transported may weigh up to 30 lbs.
• Keeps work area clean, safe and in an orderly fashion on a daily basis.
• Performs other tasks of equal or lesser skill as required.
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.