Operate CNC machines in a productive and safe manner to produce parts that meet the quality requirements at the lowest cost in a timely manner while minimizing waste of materials and resources.
• Operate a variety of CNC machines within a department.
• Maintain a clean, safe work area.
• Adjusts tools and replace as needed
• Perform daily maintenance of machines as required and keep supervisor informed of necessary maintenance beyond operator ability
• Must read and understand layouts, job packets and blueprints for the parts being run (includes Geometric Tolerancing)
• Provide accurate inventory counts at all times and keep parts in appropriate storage areas
• Collect and input SPC data which involves the use of comparator, CMM, Trimos, gages and related test instruments
• Perform necessary side operations during machine cycle time as required (i.e., deburring).
• Work as a team member to aid all shifts and support personnel to operate to departmental standards including quality and productivity goals
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School diploma, or equivalent
• Completion of a Machine Tool Technology degree program or a Technical School Certificate in Machining, or an equivalent number of years of machining experience is preferred.
• Candidates that have completed the first year of a 2-year Machine Tool Technology program may be considered for employment contingent on the successful completion of the degree, certificate, or program.
• Ability to work first shift (6:00am - 2:30pm, Monday-Friday).
• Ability to read and understand CNC programs and operational layouts as required
• Ability to perform a sequence of operations under minimum supervision and consistently maintain the performance levels set for quality and quantity
• Understanding of safety rules and regulations to prevent unsafe set-ups, operations, or acts which might cause injury to self, others, or environment
• Ability to work through daily operational activities
• Good interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
• Strong mechanical aptitude
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Must have strong PC skills and ability to work with Microsoft products.
A little about us:
We partner with people to improve skills, teams and lives every day, and we help them achieve more than they ever thought possible.