Has advanced and specialized expertise in an analytical/scientific method or operational process, typically developed through a combination of job-related training and considerable on-the-job experience. Completes assignments and facilitates the work activities of others; may coordinate work beyond own area. Proposes improvements to processes and methods. Acts as a lead, coordinating the work of others, but is not a supervisor. Works autonomously within established procedures and practices. Key Responsibilities
- Can safely operate a CNC Mill or CNC Lathe performing very complex operations in producing prototype parts, production parts, modifications and repairs to existing parts and assemblies, and/or fabricating parts from steels, stainless steels, aluminum, plastics and other non-metals.
- Supports in-house customers, such as manufacturing, engineering, business units, direct/indirect materials, and facilities. Portrays a customer service approach. Interfaces effectively and courteously with customers.
- Utilizes Work Orders, blueprints, sketches, written and verbal instructions to determine machining process, procedures, tooling and fixtures requirements.
- Performs a variety of machining and/or assembly tasks utilizing standard machine shop equipment, such as surface grinders, drill presses, grinders, sanders, band saws, rotary table, and/or standard band and power tools.
- Plans and performs very complex machine set-ups. Possesses an advanced working knowledge of trigonometry, which is required to accurately calculate angles used in set-ups and machining. Makes full use of machine capacity to minimize amount of machining or number of set-ups required to product parts competitively.
- Performs machining operations, such as milling, turning, facing, boring, chasing single and multiple external and internal threads, drilling, grooving, reaming and chamfering. Monitor machines and verify that part dimensions conform to specifications.
- Performs visual and dimensional inspections to verify compliance with specifications. Uses calipers, micrometers, gauges, indicators, and other inspection tools. Performs rework as necessary.
- Maintains cleanliness of the work area and ensures proper handling of tools, equipment, and stock to prevent loss. Conforms to departmental safety requirements.
- Has developed advanced specialized expertise within a analytical/scientific area to perform the most complex work
- Has a good understanding of how related teams coordinate their efforts and resources to achieve objectives
- May act as a lead for the team, may allocate work and provide subject matter guidance to more junior team members
- Exercises judgment, based on previous experience, practices and precedents, to identify and solve problems that arise with little or no precedent
- Impacts the effectiveness of own team and closely related teams
- Exchanges ideas and information effectively; uses tact and diplomacy when dealing with others
- Associate's Degree
- 4 - 7 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.