Performs mechanical inspections, repairs and maintenance on all machinery and equipment. Has an understanding of mechanical and pneumatic equipment, and machine shop tools. Maintains organization's production equipment. Performs mechanical troubleshooting and repairs in response to equipment errors or failures. Repairs and maintains, in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, and manufacturer's specifications, machinery and mechanical equipment, such as die cutters, web presses, inserting machines, conveyor systems; using hand tools, power tools, and precision measuring and testing instruments. May repair or reproduce parts using welders or machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, drill presses, surface grinders or other machine shop equipment.
- Diagnoses machine malfunction and determines the need for adjustment or repair.
- Dismantles machine or equipment to examine parts for defect or to remove defective part.
- Replaces defective part with new part or repairs or reproduces part.
- Assembles and test operates machine to verify correction of malfunction.
- Maintains and lubricates machine tools and equipment.
- Adheres to and promotes all safety policies and procedures including, but not limited to the proper handling of hazardous waste, lock out - tag out rules and hearing and eye protection policies.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
A little about us:
Join a company changing the fast-moving world of communications, where people like, link, pin, post and share. At RR Donnelley, we do it all.