• Able to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to inspect his own parts and help others to inspect the products.
• Having strong knowledge of reading Blue Prints & Manufacturing Sketches.
• Having knowledge of working with various measuring instruments (Calipers, Mics, High gages, Inter-tests, Bore gages, comparators,)
• To be able to set up various machines, (Morrie-Seiki NL1500, NLX2500, NL2500, NL3000, NHX5000, Okuma, Hitachi-Seiki, Haas & Mazak).
• To be able to create, modify and execute various CNC machine's programs for complicated Products.
• Strong knowledge of Shop-Floor math and calculations.
• Ability to troubleshoot, machines and product related problems, helping others in troubleshooting and getting production going.
• Familiar with "G" & "M" codes.
• Ability to make tooling for the various jobs.
• To be familiar with Master-cam to be able to generate programs using the software is a plus.
• Familiarity with Bearing products is a plus.
• Ability to work with others in a team environment
• Ability to train and be trained.
• Follows EHS Policies to maintain a safe work environment.
• Utilizes sketches, layouts, engineering prints, verbal instructions, planning, customer print to operate all types of machines tools, lathes, mills, drills, grinders, CNC, etc., to fabricate to highest tolerances for either permanent or temporary tooling, production parts and items, fixtures, dies, jigs, and special production pieces and items.
• Lays out intricate and complex, lot or non-lot production parts or items on material specified, constructs, items, tools, fixtures, etc., requiring the location of several points no on the same plan, having coordinated dimensions in plan, not at right angle, supplies missing dimension necessary for machine set-ups/solving problems relative to work holding arrangements, unusual materials, and machine settings.
• Follows established housekeeping practices to maintain the quality of the work environment.
• Other duties may be assigned.Basic Qualifications
- Requires a minimum of eight (8) years progressive machine shop experience. Must include programing, setup and operation of machines mentioned above.
- Must speak, read and write English
- Basic Math Skills required
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for prolonged periods and talk and/or hear. The employee must use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk and bend. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Ability to read and interpret blueprints using higher shop mathematics. Ability to comprehend machine operations and solve problems. Ability to learn new operations and follow procedures. Ability to concentrate on the job. Ability to work well with others and treat everyone with respect.
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.