• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Apprenticeship training and 3-5 years experience in a maintenance environment with knowledge of all types of Machine Shop equipment
• Flexibility to work overtime or change shifts as needed to meet company or department needs
• Ability to operate electric pallet jack (forklift) to move materials
• Technical trade school certificate
• Welding knowledge of Tig, Mig, Arc and Gas required
• Capable and willing to work on ladders and/or scaffolding
• Possess own machinist tools
• Ability to handle multiple priorities, working productively and independently with very little supervision
• Possess sheet metal skills including guarding fabrication and layout
• Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
• Quality and detail oriented in Quality/Operations documentation and machine repair
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
• Computer skills a plus (MS Word, Excel, MS Outlook)
At GSK Consumer Healthcare, our vision is to be the first and best Fast Moving Consumer Healthcare Company, a "fast, fit, and first" global company enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. GSK is a company with great people, brands that matter, and known for best-in-class results. We recognize that culture can have as much impact on a company's performance as does its strategy, and we are proud of who we are. Oak Hill is a tier one CH Supply site supporting Oral Care manufacturing for the NA and several International markets.
GSK in Oak Hill, NY is the primary manufacturer of the oral care product Aqua Fresh and Sensodyne. GSK is located in picturesque Greene County in the capital region of New York State, just 30 miles south Albany, New York. Enjoy the best of mountain views and scenic vistas, hiking and skiing trails while enjoying the cultural arts and amenities of city life in Albany and New York City, just 130 miles south of the city.
We are currently looking to add a Machinist to the team. The key responsibilities can be broken down into several functions which include:
• Install new and repair existing equipment from written specifications such as blueprints, equipment manuals, engineering sketches, and verbal instruction.
• Skilled in machinists' hand tools, measuring instruments and power tools-hammer drills, grinders, benders, etc.
• Ability to make machine parts using a lathe, milling machine, surface grinders and other machine shop equipment.
• Ability to troubleshoot processing equipment and high speed packaging equipment.
• Create material lists after obtaining proper authority; order all materials necessary to complete tasks.
• Recommend ideas of equipment improvements to eliminate repetitive repairs.
• Respond to internal customer needs and/or requests professionally, effectively, and efficiently.
• Maintain sprinkler, steam, air, water systems
• Ability to perform preventive maintenance, inspection, and general mechanical repairs and service in the areas of, but not limited to, drywall, pipefitting, painting, concrete work, core drilling, and plumbing.
• Maintain department cleanliness, knowledge of GMPs and SOPs.
• Comply with all Safety, Quality, and FDA regulations.
• Make and repair parts for machinery
• Diagnose equipment problems and take corrective action to achieve optimum line and mixer efficiency.
• Perform preventive maintenance, repairs, and overhauls on all equipment as required
• Assist in the diagnosis of machine electronic controls, sensors, servers and drives.
• Understand other systems that impact line efficiency or operation (pumps, scales, etc.).
• Perform assigned preventative maintenance in order to sustain line performance and document all work preventative and breakdown related in CMMS system.
Documentation & Procedures:
• Documentation equipment preparation, set up, PM and repair in strict accordance with SOP and GMP requirements.
• Complete paperwork for Production and Lab in strict accordance with SOP and GMP requirements
• Follow site GMP regulations, and Safety policies and procedures to include LOTO, PTW and Machine Guarding.
• Review equipment status and downtime Paretos with supervision and recommend improvements.
• Assist in the execution of validation protocols and adhere to procedures.
• Document all work performance via the work order system as directed.
• Participate in site Operational Excellence initiatives to include Root Cause Analysis(RCA), Failure Mode Effect Analysis(FMEA), Foundations, and Kaizans
• Report PM, Changeover, Downtime performance with supervision and recommend improvements.
• Recommend and implement equipment modifications to increase reliability.
• Actively standardize and document best practice to achieve "Right First Time".
• Ability to work with outside vendors to recommend component or equipment modifications.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
A little about us:
We are a science-led global healthcare company on a mission to help people to do more, feel better and live longer.