Location: Hammond, Indiana
Posted: January 28, 2017
Reference ID: 1700017M
General Function :
Under minimal direction of management or other employees, safely performs and guides: the repair, replacement, installation, inspection, enhancement, optimization, testing and troubleshooting of all facilities, processing and/or production equipment. This individual should have mechanical experience and knowledge with pumps, drives, packing equipment, storage tanks, process piping and tank heating and cooling systems. Working knowledge of basic electrical, steam system, PLC, Frequency Drives, Process Controls is required. Effective troubleshooting skills are a must. Must be able to display manual dexterity and perform all physical demands as outlined in the job description; and understand and follows all GMP/Plant Hygiene guidelines when performing their daily functions as well as be able to work with little or no direction on a team/in a group.
List of Principle Duties:
All activities must be performed in strict compliance with Unilever standards and safety guidelines.
1. Performs Preventative Maintenance Routines including accurate, complete, and timely follow-up documentation. This documentation includes computerized work order updates, inventory transactions, verbal and written reports, etc.
2. Perform equipment repairs/replacement including accurate, complete and timely follow-up documentation including work order updates, inventory transactions, verbal and written reports, etc.
3. Effectively uses hand/power tools and shop equipment.
4. Effectively work with Managers, operators, contractors, service people, vendors/suppliers, and clients to ensure timely and accurate completion of services. This includes coordination of activities to ensure minimal disruption of production schedules and work flow.
5. Move and operate various equipment including but not limited to forklift, highlift, etc.
6. Defines, selects, requisitions and expedites parts and materials while following approved procedures.
7. Inspect used parts to determine dimensional changes using calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments and diagnose to prevent future problems.
8. Perform all tasks and responsibilities in a fashion that assures personal safety and the safety of others and equipment. Report any non-conformance to safety standards.
9. Effectively communicates with others by presenting information, responding to questions, and seeking feedback/input.
10. Effectively works and participates in a team environment.
11. Actively participates and/or leads in project initiatives and selected cross-functional teams as approved.
12. Schedules and plans daily activities and project initiatives.
13. Performs/follows quality related practices (i.e. SPC, TQM, GMP etc.)
14. Required to train others, participate in training design and initiate efforts to develop or modify training programs.
15. Required to stay up to date on emerging technologies and techniques relating to area(s) of expertise.
16. Maintains and cleans: Work area, job site, tools and equipment.
17. Completes other duties as assigned.
18. Share job related knowledge and information with management and peers.