About the Opportunity
As a Dispatch Associate at Pitney Bowes, you thrive on meeting the company's mailing productivity standards and you deliver with precision. You see opportunities where others see challenges. Build. Deploy. Bridge. Grow.
In this role, you'll join our Presort Service team in St. Louis, MO. You will be responsible for:Responsibilities
- Monitors the quality of the mail prior to processing and before dispatching.
- Ensures that the mail is reviewed for proper dates, over weights, correct zip codes, and not stuck together.
- Coordinates drivers to ensure all deliveries are completed and on time.
- Monitors drivers coming into the facility and leaving the facility for the Post Office to ensure they are meeting scheduled route times.
- Communicates clearly and concisely with internal and external customers regarding orders to be picked up.
- Assists in the Metering, Bulk mail, or Barcode departments between deliveries.
- Reviews pickup slips for piece counts and communicates piece counts to the Job Cost Administrator.
- Promotes a clean work area to prevent possible injuries and/or tripping hazards to self and others.
- Additional duties as required.
- Strong organization, customer service, and verbal/written communication skills.
- Knowledge of presort mailing business.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop and bend with or without accommodation.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs. with or without accommodation.
- Candidates must have a basic enough understanding of English to be able to understand and follow safety and other operational directions communicated in English, irrespective of their native language.
- Based on operational need you must be able to work overtime, which may include weekends, holidays and/or a different shift with limited or no advance notice.
Our Presort Services team is a national outsource provider of mail presort services for first-class and standard-class mail in the U.S. and a workshare partner of the United States Postal Service (USPS). Our Presort Services network provides mailers with end-to-end solutions from pick up at their location to delivery into the postal system. Through our network of 33+ U.S. locations, and with our fully customized proprietary technology, we process approximately 15 billion pieces of mail annually and are able to expedite delivery and optimize postage savings for our clients.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace. M/F/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.
A little about us:
Find your next great opportunity at Pitney Bowes.